[LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

Peter P. p8rpp at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 19:22:48 UTC 2014

* Moshe Werner <moshwe at gmail.com> [2014-08-27 12:27]:
> I think there is a pcmcia mad I interface now. Should work with Linux.
The Madiface with its ExpressCard work fine under Linux and can be
considered the best mobile card with 64 channels I/O each.
> Also there are the fireface 800 and 400 devices that are supported by
> ffado. They should have what you're looking for.
It would be interesting what the current status of ffado and the
FF400/800 is. Last time I spoke to someone about it, it was more like
"8 channels, and no mixer yet".
> the rme babyface, now that it is class complient.
But with its limited I/O is targeted at other users.

> I would love to have some recent devices supported under Linux, I believe
> all of us do.
> For now I'm sticking with rme stuff. I have the hdsp9652 which is working
> flawless.
I can only second that! What a nice card.

best, P