[LAU] Noo 'pooter :)

Federico Galland federicogalland at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 21:19:04 UTC 2014

> As this will be a clean install, I'm wondering what people might suggest as
> for best distro to make full use of it - all my other machines have had a
> progression of debian upgrades so are probably full of crud.

I've used arch linux on my laptop for 5 years, and while I loved it as a general purpose OS, the AUR was just more problematic with audio software than building on my own.
In the end, I dumped it in favor of debian (a 6 years old install, still on its feet) because of the convenience of the kxstudio repos. I just feared having to update my system, and didn't really like to fill my bandwidth with large updates.

If I were you I'd stick with debian.

Of course there is the downside of packages being compiled without optimizations, and you do miss the PKGBUILD system, which is the best I've seen on linux land.

Cheers.

--
educados por el rock,
así están las cosas.