[LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

Kazakore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 12:03:27 UTC 2014

On 30/08/14 16:17, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The linux version of USB is a 1 legged dog in comparison. Why we put
> up with that poor usb performance is beyond me. We had the original
> USB in full usage on linux a good year ahead of the Redmond version,
> but IMSNHO, linux has been sitting on its butt for at least a decade.
> What the bloody hell, a copy of the std reference is well within the
> financial reach of both Red Hat and Ubuntu & even SuSe. But I don't
> see any improvements in the speeds here, and I am currently running a
> 3.16.0 kernel on a quad core phenom. Cheers, Gene Heskett

I plugged in a friend's USB3 hard drive to move some files around for
her couple of days ago and was WOW'd by the speeds to be honest! And I'm
running spinning disks internally, no SSD. We accidental grabbed a near
6GB folder and it had done almost half of it by the time we had noticed
and decided to cancel it rather than copy it all. Never seen data move
so fast outside of RAID! :)

(Don't know what happened to the whitespace in my quote. Not sure about
thunderbird... :( )