[LAU] a spectrum analyzer that looks kick ass?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sun Dec 7 04:07:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 17:46:17 -0600,
Neil <djdualcore at gmail.com> wrote :
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Marc Lavallée <marc at hacklava.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I once used Bauline (http://www.baudline.com/).
> >

> I find Baudline's licensing confusing.
>
> http://www.baudline.com/source_code.html
> http://www.baudline.com/faq.html#licensing_terms
> http://www.baudline.com/download.html
>
> There are references to the GPL, but clear restrictions on
> distribution and no opportunity to download the source alongside the
> binaries.
>
> Neil

Hi Neil.

A long time ago, I asked the author of Baudline if he could release his
source code using a free software license. He argued that it would be
impossible to make money with a free licence. I tried to explain that
it could be possible, using a hybrid licensing scheme, and that
developers are making money developing only free softwares. For some
strange reason, he decided to "release" the source as GPL, without
making it unavailable for download, asking some unknown amount of money
to get a copy.
--
Marc