[LAU] Roland Integra-7 and Alsa 1.0.28

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Dec 8 08:35:59 UTC 2014

Mirko Horstmann wrote:
> I own a Roland Integra-7 sound module which is supposed to be able to
> send it's output over USB. I cannot get it to output any sound, though.
>
> $ arecord -d 10 -c 2 -f S32_LE -r44100  -D hw:INTEGRA7 test.wav
> Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
> arecord: pcm_read:2031: read error: Input/output error
>
> the error message appears after the 10 seconds. The wave file then
> exists with a header but no audio content.

This means that the device just did not send any samples.

It's possible that the device needs some vendor-specific command from
the driver to enable this, or that it needs both playback and capture
streams.  Does playback work (with "Ext Part Source Select")?

Please show the output of "lsusb -v" for this device.

Regards,
Clemens