[LAU] RME HDSPe AIO, hdsploader compulsory ?

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 16:03:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM, francois juigner <
francois.juigner at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> 1 - is it compulsory to use hdsploader, even if the card is recognized ?

HdspLoader and HdspMixer are two programs that will intereact with the RME
devices: the first provides the firmware it needs to run, the second
interacts with the device just like amixer, only provides a sane GUI :D

Basically, since the RME has a routing matrix built-in, using amixer will
provide every single control, which will be a totally horrible way to work.
Since HdspMixer provides a good way to interact with the sub-mixes, its
advised ;)

HTH, -Harry

PS: I have a Multiface 2, so my experience might be slightly different to
yours with the AIO.

--

http://www.openavproductions.com