[LAU] RME HDSPe AIO, hdsploader compulsory ?

francois bluewin francois.juigner at bluewin.ch
Thu Dec 11 20:34:28 UTC 2014

Hi Harry, Hi Ralf,

Thank you for the fast answers.

Harry, in fact you did not quite answer question 1 : do I have to use
hdsploader ? Put it another way, would the card be recognized if the
firmware is not ok? This firmware question is not clear for me :  I fear
to corrupt the card's windows firmware if I run hdsploader. Maybe that's
completely wrong...

I agree that using amixer seems to be a horrible way to work, but I
could not manage to get anything out of hdspmixer... There is no way to
change the routes it loads by default ! clicking on the playback labels
doesn't allow to check or uncheck existing boxes.

This is why I wonder if there isn't anything wrong with my setup, namely
: would the use of hdsploader change hdspmixer's behaviour ?

Thank you

François