[LAU] RME HDSPe AIO, hdsploader compulsory ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:27:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:31:50 +0100, francois juigner wrote:
> Ok, it works great in the headphones with your preset file !
> Good starting point. I'm unable to open it with a text editor, so I
> suppose this .mix is a compiled file...

Hi Francois,

*.mix files are generated, if you save a preset file with hdspmixer.
Those files aren't human readable text files. I don't think
they are "compiled", I would call them binary files.

Do you own an ADAT device? If so, please report back, if it works for
channels 3 to 8 for you. Jackd shows all the ports, but on my
machine there are only audio signals available by the ADAT channels 1
and 2. It's unimportant what's shown by the hdspmixer meters, please
really test if audio signals are available by the jackd ports.

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Pull a Homer -- to succeed despite idiocy." - The Simpsons