[LAU] How to use hdspmixer - Was: RME HDSPe AIO, hdsploader compulsory ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:13:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:21:53 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:47:38 +0100, francois juigner wrote:
> > What I don't understand with my hdspmixer is that it soesn't respond
> > to the clicks on thelabel lists... with you preset file, AN 1+2 and
> > phones checkboxes are selected when I click on the 2 left playback
> > panel channels but I can't change these settings ! the label
> > changes, but the checkboxes remain unchanged. I had this problem
> > already yesterday without preset loaded. So I wonder how I am going
> > to do without being able to write a preset file outside hdspmixer...
>
> Correct, it's impossible to change this. In my demo file the submix
> view is disabled. Check the submix view and after that you can select
> the "label" and then use the faders for the submix. It should work for
> analog, phones and ADAT 1+2, IIRC for S/PDIF too. I never tested
> AES/EBU. It doesn't work for ADAT 3 to 8 on my machine.
>
> Please, a few mails off-list are ok, but when sending a request to a
> mailing list, it's better to provide the way to solve the issue to the
> list too.

PS: Once you used the submix faders, then you'll see that the checked
"labels" have changed. IOW every fader for a submix that isn't -∞ is
checked by the "labels". If submix faders are -∞, the "label" isn't
checked. JFTR this also happens for ADAT 3 -8, there just isn't sound
by jackd available.

--
"Pull a Homer -- to succeed despite idiocy." - The Simpsons