[LAU] Korg microStation editor and Wine

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Sun Dec 14 08:45:20 UTC 2014

On 12/14/2014 03:06 AM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

> Yet another question.  I have installed the stand-alone version.  There
> is also the installation for a VST plugin.  Is this useful at all in
> Linux, say, with Ardour and Renoise ?

Not sure if it can be made to work (easily) under linux, I suppose the
vst is .dll (windows format) and not .so (linux format).

However the benefit of the vst should be that the synth behaves as a vst
plugin, but is in fact a hardware synth.

1) vst plugins offer total integration with the host, everything is
controllable through either realtime midi knobs or automation

2) having hardware "behind" the vst means that your cpu doesn't use cpu
to generate the sounds, that is handled in the korg.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk