[LAU] Headphones

Gianfranco Ceccolini gianfranco at portalmod.com.br
Tue Dec 16 18:27:47 UTC 2014

AFAIK they are only popular in Japan.

http://www.stax.co.jp <http://www.stax.co.jp/>

It is a complete different technology. Instead of using and electro magnetic system, like small speakers, it uses a high voltage (~500V) electrostatic system, hence the need of a dedicated amplifier.

You can get an used unit at eBay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Electronics-/293/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=stax <http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Electronics-/293/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=stax>

The one I tried was from the 80’s and sounded fantastic.

Cheers

Gian