[LAU] Headphones

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:55:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:04:42 +0100, Set Hallström wrote:
> AKG, sennheiser, Beyerdynamics

Those brands are used by all home studios and by some of the best
professional studios I ever have seen. Indeed spare parts are
important. A least foam material rots and ear rings harm those things
that touch the ears too. "DJ's are exposed to crowd, alcohol and what
not" :D, that's an important point for me. Accidents don't happen that
often, but they happen, randomly every 5 years the cable might decide
to say hello to the cry baby, you'll bring down the pedal and the
headphone does follow ;). My AKG is used since more than 30 years,
friends and I killed "better", more expensive Sennheiser and
Beyerdynamics in a few minutes, not to mention how much more often
accidents happen, when people with less studio experience are using the
headphones. We can walk, but even if we never use drugs and we aren't
ill, we sometimes trip up on something.

I suspect the AKG 240 DF isn't sold any more, I wonder how much the
difference to the little sister, the AKG 240 is.