[LAU] Headphones

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Dec 16 20:17:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:01:44 +0100
Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:

> I cannot really compare the cans, but I really like my Beyerdynamics
> DT990 pro (250 ohm variant).
>
> This site has some reviews:
>
> http://www.thomann.de/de/beyerdynamic_dt990pro.htm?gclid=CMq4tMysy8ICFUzMtAodbXkAKg
>
> It's an open design though, and not everyone likes that, especially as
> it's detrimental when wearing the cans while recording e.g. acoustic
> guitar 'cause you get a substantial amount of bleed.
>
> I find them very comfy and adore the sound (quite a good addition to
> my yamaha hs80m monitors when checking mixes). "Adore" in the sense
> that I find them quite honest..
>
> Regards,
> Flo

Comfort is a real issue for me with all phones, as I am blessed? with rather big
stick-out ears.

The only ones I've ever had that were comfortable for long periods were ones I
modified many years ago with huge foam pads, a deliberately weakened spring,
and an adjustable canvas strap to take the weight evenly over my head.
Foolishly I loaned them to someone - never saw him or the phones again :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk