[LAU] Driving two similar soundcards with ALSA question

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Dec 17 12:54:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:02:18 +0100 (CET)
"F. Silvain" <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I have two M-Audio Delta 1010 soundcards. Currently my driver is built into
> the kernel. Can I rely on the two cards not being swapped after reboots or can
> I fix it, even though the driver is built into the kernel?

I haven't run 2 Deltas in a while, but I didn't have a problem with them
switching identifiers unless I was changing hardware on the system.  The Deltas
can be connecded via their SPDIF ports to be in sync with each other; check
out http://www.jrigg.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html and
http://delta.brainiac.com/deltasync.html if you are interested in that.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com