[LAU] Driving two similar soundcards with ALSA question

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:16:39 UTC 2014

On my machine the order after startup is always the same.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
# ALSA module ordering
options snd slots=snd_hdspm,snd_ice1712,snd_ice1712

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ service rtirq status | grep ice
  213 FF      80   - 120  0.0 S    irq/20-snd_ice1
  214 FF      79   - 119  0.0 S    irq/21-snd_ice1

I suspect they are sorted by the IRQ at startup.

There's still an issue, it's not possible to automatically restore the
MIDI connections, since both cards have got the same MIDI name and when
using udev for unique names, only the audio names are changed.