[LAU] MIDI sysex over Firewire - not supported by Jack MIDI?

oli_kester oli_kester at zoho.com
Sat Dec 20 12:14:29 UTC 2014

---- On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:02:27 +0000 Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote ----
 > oli_kester wrote:
 > > ---- On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:50:04 +0000 Clemens Ladisch<clemens at ladisch.de> wrote ----
 > >  > oli_kester wrote:
 > >  > > $ amidi --dump
 > >  > > cannot open port "default": Device or resource busy
 > >  >
 > >  > Is Jack running?
 > >
 > > Jack is definitely running, all my audio goes through it.
 >
 > Are you running Jack with "-d firewire"?
 > This should be "-d alsa".

I was, yes - I thought you could only use freebob or ffado drivers with firewire interfaces. My drum machine data is now safe, the backup went smoothly with simple sysexxer - sorted!

It's not as stable as ffado, but I've now saved a new profile in jack control for SysEx. I do have to restart jack to switch between it and my normal profile, but that's a minor thing.

I was getting XRUNS with my normal, high port setup, so I tuned it a bit -

Frames/Period - 256
Samples - 44100
Port Max - 128
Interface - hw:FA101,0