[LAU] Just got Android tablet for Christmas

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Sun Dec 21 12:52:40 UTC 2014

Am 18.12.2014 um 19:42 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:37:27 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Perhaps for Android are other interesting things available?! Remote
>> controls?!
>>
>> Aren't there remote controls for MIDI MMC and/or CC and/or SysEx
>> available. IOW perhaps there's an application that provides a
>> virtual mixer, you could use with your preferred desktop or laptop
>> PC?!
>
> Oops, I wanted to point out that there might be a virtual mixer
> available, that you can use with your preferred DAW running on a laptop
> or desktop (tower) PC or to control parameters of a real or virtual
> synth.

There are such Apps, I use this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bti.wirelessMixer

It connects using dsmidiwifi:

http://code.google.com/p/dsmi/downloads/detail?name=dsmidiwifi-v1.01.tgz&can=2&q=

a simple yet solid Server based on Java.

Borce Trajkovski offer the App as no-cost adware, unfortunately there is
no to-pay-for version without the ads. But it works OK for
remote-controlling Guitarix etc.

There is also Finger Play MIDI:

 http://thesundancekid.net/blog/fingerplay-midi/

this one is a bit more advanced yet a bit more tricky to use...
here is a slightly outdated howto:

http://wootangent.net/2010/08/fingerplay-a-midi-controller-for-android/