[LAU] Is CentOS good for audio stuff?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Dec 24 14:39:38 UTC 2014

On 12/24/2014 03:34 AM, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:

>     I'm thinking about switching to CentOS (from Ubuntu) at home,
> because of several reasons, but wonder: is it good for running Ardour,
> Jack and related stuff? I don't mind using Ardour 2, as I don't need
> anything very sophisticated, and would only want something that I can
> configure once and stop worrying about. I do sysadmin work for a
> living, and would rather not do it when I get home :-)

I'm currently running Fedora 19 x86_64 with the Planet CCRMA extensions.
Performance is excellent on desktop and laptop machines here.

According to the Planet C site CentOS 5 is supported.

     http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Like yourself, I'm not running a wide variety of software.

Best,

dp