[LAU] Metal music made with linux

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 18:48:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 6:48 AM, Bent Bisballe Nyeng <deva at aasimon.org> wrote:

> It is not often people talk about metal music on this list, but I thought
> somebody might find this interesting if for nothing else, then for the tools
> used and the resulting production.
>
> I would like to share an EP release from my band Seed of Heresy recorded and
> mixed using Ardour on linux with the exception of vocals and guitar
> tracking, which was done in another studio using proprietary non-linux
> tools.

There's a lot of metal stuff posted here! I've posted some myself, in
fact (I lean more towards the traditional styles of metal, though).
Production-wise it sounds OK, guitars are kind of muddy, but I think
that's kind of the sound typically used for this kind of metal.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com