[LAU] Metal music made with linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Dec 25 19:44:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:33:57 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:00:12 +0100, coderkun wrote:
> > https://soundcloud.com/necrane/sets/bleak-ep
>
> Good music!
>
> IMO rehearsal and stage live recordings most of the times are much
> better than studio recordings.
>
> Two of my favourites vinyls are 'Irish Tour '74' (Gallagher) and 'No
> Sleep 'til Hammersmith' (Motörhead).
>
> You can't do better in a studio.
>
> Even Metallica's 'Garage Days', unfortunately without Cliff Burton, is
> very nice (still the recordings from the original bands are far
> better, even their studio recordings, than the Garage Day versions ;).

That reminds me of one of the nicest cover versions, resp.
interpretations ever:

Poison Idea playing MC5's Kick Out the Jams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3JrQDIsvdI

You'll find the MC5 among the recordings I own, but I likely someday
will own Poisons Idea's version too. Too bad that the guitarist is
dead :(.

--
Waveya or Pina Bausch?