[LAU] Is CentOS good for audio stuff?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Dec 26 17:42:11 UTC 2014

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:

>     Oh, that's something I really despise about rpm distros. They tend
> to ship awfully big packages with the kitchen sink, while Debian (and
> therefore Ubuntu) splits everything to its tiniest atom. Sometimes it's

Jack2 (in debian and ubuntu) being an exception as it ships both jackd and
jackdbus in the same package. One of the two needs to be chmod -x (at
least for using jackdbus, getting rid of jackdbus to use jackd requires
other steps) or there will be "odd" things happen as most people seem to
end up with both running sooner or later with unpredictable results.

> a bit too much, but usually it makes for saner and cleaner
> installations. IMHO, of course. Not pretending to start a religious war
> here O:-)

Not worth that. Good music has been made on just about any distro and DE
(or lack there of).

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net