[LAU] Graphic card

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 28 14:53:17 UTC 2014

On Sunday 28 December 2014 09:24:29 Raphaël Mouneyres did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Le 26 déc. 2014 à 09:26, David Christensen <dpchrist at holgerdanske.com> a
écrit :
> > 1.  Some chips (Atom?) have proprietary graphics without Linux
> > support.
>
> I have two Intel D525MW Atom based boards running Archlinux, video
> driver is working perfectly out of the box. I use those board to do
> realtime audio using linux sampler and RME PCI audiocard, it does an
> excellent job.

I can duplicate that story with 2 of them, running the 10.04.4 LTS Ubuntu
linux server edition, with a special rtai patched realtime kernel, running
a lathe and a milling machine.  Some folks would call that dangerous
machinery. But the on board i915 video works flawlessly, and quite a bit
faster than VESA.  These are machines that would get retired or the job
offloaded to a $90 specialty card if the IRQ latency ever went above 5
microseconds.  More usual measurement is 2 microseconds. For this bit of
critical usage, all one can say about them is that they Just Work(TM).

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)