[LAU] How can I split an mp3 album in tracks

Athanasios Silis athanasios.silis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:09:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I have an mp3 file which is a full album, but I want to have each track as
a separate file.
Can I use Audacity - or some other application - to do the splitting?
I specifically would like a solution that does not decode the mp3 to PCM
data (.wav) and in the end I have to re-encode it as mp3, because this 2nd
compression would probably worsen significantly the sound quality.

Thank you and have a wonderful new year's eve!