[LAU] Ardour: UI bar with record button/clock, etc is gone

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sun Feb 2 17:57:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 12:05:45 -0500, Paul Davis wrote
> On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 6:54 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>
> I'd agree with the OP that Ardour should provide a way to recover
> torn-off windows if they ever get lost off-screen or otherwise.
>

> an excellent and seemingly obvious idea. i'll add it today.

After reading Fons' mail I was about to reply that one could
simply save the initial view and then later on restore it.
But, to my astonishment, 'goto view ...' doesn't restore UI state.
I have to admit that I never used views before, but wouldn't that
be the mechanism to use?

BTW, my recent Ardour checkout seems to fix a longstanding issue
with starting Ardour in a maximized window (the ardour log window
would constantly come in front of the main window which would then
be put in front of the log etc.). Thanks for the fix.

 Cheers RalfD

--
 R. Mattes -
 Hochschule fuer Musik Freiburg