[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Lewis Pike phaselocker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 15:17:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 09:05:46AM -0500, Lewis Pike wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 01:13:35PM +0100, Guillaume Pellerin wrote:
> > Hi Lewis,
> >
> > I'm a contributor of the driver for this card in the Linux kernel
> > and it works very well for me. You should maybe tune your ALSA
> > setup for this.
> >
> > First, what is your kernel version?
> >
> > Guillaume
>
> Guillaume!
>
> Your help with this is hugely appreciated!  The fact that you're not
> seeing the same issue gives me hope that a solution exists.
>
> My current kernel version is 3.12.7.  I first attempted to use the
> Fast Track Pro for audio capture three years ago, around version
> 2.6.37 but I ran into the same problem.
>
> .lewis

Hi Guillaume,

I've been continuing to test the Fast Track Pro, trying to identify a
solution to my problem, but unfortunately I haven't had any success
thus far.  I made a post on the alsa-user mailing list [1] but it
hasn't generated any interest.  As a contributor to the driver of for
this device, can you recommend another forum where I might be able to
find some help?  Much obliged!

.lewis

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/38146