[LAU] Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 at 96kHz

José Agustín Terol Sanchis agus3985 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 16:02:11 UTC 2014

Hello, I am thinking in set up a home studio for recording and mixing based
on Linux. I have in mind to buy a Focusrite Saffire PRO 40, but first, I
would like to know the experience of someone who has already used it.

I've taken a look at http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list but I don't
have clear if this device can be used at 96kHz, because currently it's
marked as "experimental". I know other Saffire have "full support", but
nowadays are discontinued. Does anybody used it for hours (and days) at
this frequency?

Also, I would be interested in experiences with similar interfaces that
also work fine in linux.

Thank you,
Agus Terol