[LAU] Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 at 96kHz

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Feb 4 20:08:01 UTC 2014

On 02/04/2014 05:02 PM, José Agustín Terol Sanchis wrote:
> Hello, I am thinking in set up a home studio for recording and mixing based
> on Linux. I have in mind to buy a Focusrite Saffire PRO 40, but first, I
> would like to know the experience of someone who has already used it.
>
> I've taken a look at http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list but I don't
> have clear if this device can be used at 96kHz, because currently it's
> marked as "experimental". I know other Saffire have "full support", but
> nowadays are discontinued. Does anybody used it for hours (and days) at
> this frequency?
>
> Also, I would be interested in experiences with similar interfaces that
> also work fine in linux.
>
> Thank you,
> Agus Terol

Hello Agus,

I can confirm the Saffire Pro 40 works at 96Khz. I barely use this
sample rate though so I can't tell if it will run for hours or even
days. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. I can use my Saffire Pro
40 for hours at 48Khz without any hitch. I've occasionally forgot to
switch the set-up off and the next day everything was still running fine.

Best,

Jeremy