[LAU] Album produced in Linux

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Wed Feb 5 06:23:29 UTC 2014

On 5/02/2014 11:37 am, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 14:31:58 -0700,
> Jason Jones <poeticintensity at gmail.com> wrote :
>
>> Fusion between gospel and punk, this whole album was produced in
>> Linux, using Harrison Mixbus and only Linux-native (LV2 / LADSPA)
>> plugins.
>>
>> http://tinyboats.bandcamp.com/
>>
>> Any thoughts or comments?
>
> The play button doe snto work.  Firefox 22.0, Linux Mint 64 bits.  Can
> play youtube all right.  All enabled in No Script for this bandcamp
> page.

For Firefox on Linux, you'll need to have actual Adobe Flash installed
-- YMMV if you have one of the open-source flash plugins installed. If
you have Flash installed, and you're not blocking any scripts, then
everything should work.

Otherwise, you can use a browser that supports HTML5 MP3 playback; right
now on Linux, that means Chrome, or Chromium with "extra" ffmpeg codecs
installed (on Ubuntu etc. that's the chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra
package). Firefox has started to support MP3 on Windows and OS X using
codecs supplied by the OS, and it looks like the Linux version may do
this soon, too, using GStreamer, but it's not quite there yet.

(Full disclosure -- I work for Bandcamp, though I'm replying from my
personal address, since that's what I'm subscribed to the list with).

Thanks
Leigh