[LAU] Album produced in Linux

Philipp Überbacher murks at tuxfamily.org
Wed Feb 5 12:34:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:23:29 +1100
Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:

> On 5/02/2014 11:37 am, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 14:31:58 -0700,
> > Jason Jones <poeticintensity at gmail.com> wrote :
> >
> >> Fusion between gospel and punk, this whole album was produced in
> >> Linux, using Harrison Mixbus and only Linux-native (LV2 / LADSPA)
> >> plugins.
> >>
> >> http://tinyboats.bandcamp.com/
> >>
> >> Any thoughts or comments?
> >
> > The play button doe snto work.  Firefox 22.0, Linux Mint 64 bits.
> > Can play youtube all right.  All enabled in No Script for this
> > bandcamp page.
>
> For Firefox on Linux, you'll need to have actual Adobe Flash
> installed -- YMMV if you have one of the open-source flash plugins
> installed. If you have Flash installed, and you're not blocking any
> scripts, then everything should work.
>
> Otherwise, you can use a browser that supports HTML5 MP3 playback;
> right now on Linux, that means Chrome, or Chromium with "extra"
> ffmpeg codecs installed (on Ubuntu etc. that's the
> chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package). Firefox has started to support
> MP3 on Windows and OS X using codecs supplied by the OS, and it looks
> like the Linux version may do this soon, too, using GStreamer, but
> it's not quite there yet.
>
> (Full disclosure -- I work for Bandcamp, though I'm replying from my
> personal address, since that's what I'm subscribed to the list with).
>
> Thanks
> Leigh

I too have issues, FF26 and FF27, flash installed. Flash playback
typically works if I allow the necessary bits and pieces. I can get
soundcloud, youtube and so on to work this way.

I do allow the page to load stuff from bcbits.com and allow execution
of scripts from bcbits.com and bandcamp.com.
This should be enough, since the remaining scripts, from
quantserve.com, google.com, google-analytics.com, facebook.com and
facebook.net, are garbage in my book and should not be necessary to
play music. Even if I allow those garbage scripts, it does not play.

For me the play button does something, it gets replaced with some
spinning circle animation and it seems to attempt to play each song in
the playlist, without success.

Regards,
Philipp

JID: murks at jit.si