[LAU] Album produced in Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:14:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 13:51 +0100, Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On 5 February 2014 13:47, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
> wrote:
>         "Albums produced in Linux" and posted on websites that require
>         proprietary Adobe stuff IMO are not really interesting. It
>         could be
>         considered as halfhearted. IMO it's more punk-rock to produce
>         on what ever gear is available, but to publish the art by
>         something that is accessible by everybody, that doesn't
>         require non-open source codecs, non-open source software.

> Unfortunately bandcamp is hands down the best place to put your music,
> and I know of no alternative that even comes close. Let's hope firefox
> fixes its mp3 support sooner rather than later so you can also use
> this page.

No, I won't. They e.g. use Google Analytics. If they want to do
marketing research or for what ever this should be "good" for, why don't
they use e.g. Pwik Analytics?

I'm not the punk-rock pope. People should do whatever they like, but I
guess it's unlikely that people from my generation, born in 1966, IOW
80s punk-rock children, will care about rock'n'roll released on such
platforms.

JFTR I'm not a fan of google-chrome-stable, but it IMO is a better
choice than flashplayer, just in case there should be the need to visit
a site that requires flashplayer, perhaps a government agency or
something like that. By having Chrome installed and not flashplayer,
other web browsers aren't affected by a flashplayer install.

Again, I don't judge people using what ever they want, people just
should stop wining about offended data protection, capitalism, Babylon,
if they participate on their own choice, while there absolutely is no
need to do it.

Assumed there shouldn't be a "good" platform to share music. Is there
really the need to share music by the Internet?

Regards,
Ralf