[LAU] Album produced in Linux

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:24:14 UTC 2014

> The songs are really nice. The mix is clear and the little details
> came out clearly.
> The louder songs are a bit tiring after a while, the bass and kick is
> a bit too much for me
> if listened on headphones (Focusrite HP60, I think it's a relabeled
> Superlux HD662, and it is a bit boomy),
> but it's good on earphones and tiny laptop speakers. Haven't tried to
> listen it on a proper monitor.
> I love the toms.
> Overall, they're superb!!!
>
> I'm curious though, did they go through maximizers/limiters?
> If they did, how hot did you push them for the louder songs?

Thank you!  When I mastered the songs, I used the LinuxDSP's Black-EQ
(10-band parametric), and a multi-band compressor.  No limiters, but I did
push it up to levels that can compete with radio-ready mixes.  Anyone know
of any Linux plugins to get the overall loudness of a mix?  I haven't found
one yet.

Anyway, thank you for the kind words!

--Jason