[LAU] Bitwig at long last...?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Thu Feb 6 13:26:23 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 05:02 AM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Isn't it a disadvantage of such all-in-one-daws that all music produced
> with it sounds pretty similar to each other, everybody uses the same
> samples and plugins. An creative advantage of modular linuxaudio could be
> that you've a high level of creativity and uniqueness in your music.

My primary sequencer is LMMS, which is like the poster child for all-in-one
composition tools. I may have used a few of their drum samples in the past,
but everything else is from my own recordings or other sources.

I agree that music created by different composers in a particular
electronic music tool tends to sound the same, but I think that's because
most people use electronic music tools to create electronic dance music,
which, indeed, all sounds more or less the same for the most part by
design, with a few dozen basic beats and common bass lines and the rest is
just flair.

Rob