[LAU] ams-lv2 1.0.2 and a tutorial

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 14:34:15 UTC 2014

>> to create modular synth primarily with Ingen.
>
> I did not see Ingen run stable on my Fedora or my Kubuntu
> installations. Most of the time I was not even able to build and/or to
> start the binaries from the repos.
>
> How is the status: given, you have a recent stable relase of Feoda or
> *buntu: does Ingen work for you as, say AMS does?

Yes, I'm running the latest SVN in Ubuntu and it works fine for me.
I have a Ubuntu repo here with Ingen available:
http://objectivewave.wordpress.com/ubuntu-repository/
I get a random crash from time to time - if I have a constant scenario
to reproduce I create a bug report for David and I learn not to repeat
the same scenario until he fixes the issue... Pretty much the same
experience I had with AMS :)

I guess if you are not especially using LV2 plugins, there wouldn't be
any advantages using ams-lv2/Ingen over AMS.
I started this project of porting this ams modules because of a few
LV2 plugins I liked using in my synths and AMS doesn't support LV2 (I
like having everything in one host as much as I can).

Aurélien