[LAU] ams-lv2 1.0.2 and a tutorial

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Feb 10 14:05:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 6:32 AM, Atte <atte at youmail.dk> wrote:

> So it's not possible to wrap AMS (with it's self contained modules and
> functionality intact) in VSTi? I'd be surprised, but I never coded a VSTi,
> so how am I?

you could wrap AMS (or Ingen) as a plugin. In fact Ingen is available as an
LV2 plugin already. It would have MIDI I/O at its "edges" and control
voltage signals internally.

> It seems we are talking about two things: I'm talking about the "whole of
> AMS, canvas + buildin modules, but nothing else", it seems to me you're
> talking about "individual modules as VSTi and then try to connect them in
> my host". Or?

Aurelien's work involved turning the individual AMS modules into LV2
plugins, not AMS. You want a port of AMS itself to linux native VST(i).
Totally different things.