[LAU] A text-only environment for composing electronic music?

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:08:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 08:21:44AM -0800, Len Ovens wrote:

> The one thing I haven't managed to get to work on screen is scrolling up as
> I could in VTs or xterms (with shift pageup etc.) I end up running a command
> twice first to find out it runs text off the screen and a second time with a
> pager. Probably I am missing something.

I use tmux as well and I set this in the configuration file to be able
to scroll up with shift-pageup.

set -g terminal-overrides 'xterm*:smcup@:rmcup@'

I think something similar could work with screen as well...

On the other hand, it is almost as easy to use Ctrl-b pageup (in tmux again). It
enters copy mode automatically...

greetings,

lieven