[LAU] ams-lv2 1.0.2 and a tutorial

mark hadman markhadman at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 14 20:29:12 UTC 2014

Well, I managed to get this all up and running on Arch Linux. I had to
edit the ganv-svn PKGBUILD, as it was stuck using an old revision from
svn (from a couple of years ago I guess). Getting it to build from the
newest version resolved the issues with it not building against
graphviz. I also had to edit the 'provides' field in several PKGBUILDS
and rebuild them, as it seems there is some strict version checking
going on somewhere in the drobilla  config files, which does not allow
for building one svn against another svn package (it's checking for
the presence of release versions rather than svn revisions).

And after all that, I was able to (for the first time ever) get ingen
up and running. Unfortunately a couple of minutes playing around seems
to be all I can get before hitting a segfault (which has always been
my experience with AMS anyway, on various different machines and
distros). Now, I don't have much experience of bugfinding, so perhaps
before I file issue # 1 on the ams-lv2 bug tracker, somebody could
suggest a sensible route to determining whether it's ams-lv2 or ingen
that's to blame.

Learning, as ever....