[LAU] Common Music - Importing audio files, and pointers to learning material?

Angel de Vicente angelv at iac.es
Fri Feb 21 21:30:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

anders.vinjar at bek.no writes:

>     A>  Before I go to the effort of starting to learn it, I wanted to
>     A> know if it is possible to somehow import audio files with it...
>
> Hi Angel.  This should be rather straightforward w. CM3/Grace.
>
> When starting Grace (CM3's front-end), you get access to piles of
> examples for working with soundfiles, processing or synthesis.  Try
> looking in the menu "Audio"->"Instrument Browser" (or hit Ctrl-i), and
> load something which looks close.

I've almost given up (for the moment) on CM, as SuperCollider was so
easy for this. In any case, I would like to try CM later on, but what I
gather from your mail is that I cannot easily import my own audio clips
(and instead you are suggesting to look for stuff that looks similar to
what I intended to import)? Am I correct? Then, I guess CM is still not
suited to what I wanted to do, becuase the audio clips that I want to
import are parts of songs, voices that I have recorded, etc. I guess
that there has to be some way of impoting new audio clips, but for the
time being I think I will try with SC.

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente