[LAU] APC devices for Audio

Ivan Tarozzi itarozzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 17:24:59 UTC 2014

Il 25/02/2014 09:10, Carlos sanchiavedraz ha scritto:
>> Hi Carlos,
>> I'm developing an industrial application for a client using APC Rock.
>>
>> I'm using Android, so I can confirm that linux runs on it and you can
>> find kernel and uboot here:
>> https://github.com/apc-io/apc-rock
>>
>> I never tried a "standard" linux ditributions, so I can't tell about it,
>> but I fear the VIA support against linux is absent.
>>
>> I suggest you look at some better supported board.
>>
>> just my2c
>>
>> Ivan
>>

> Thanks so much, Ivan.
> It's really helpful to have such a warn before wanting to purchase one
> of those and make my life trickier, most of all when surely I would
> try to put Musix inside that would have some driver problems (it's
> 100% free/libre based on Debian).
>
> I liked the book-style one, but now maybe I'll go some other way.
>
> Regards.

Hi Carlos,
I fear you can't put musix on any ARM board. Pay attention to the arch
when you download an iso.
I can't find any musix ARM version in the musix mirrors.

Of course you can start from a debian (or other supported distro) and
then add the programs that you want.
If a packet is absent in arm repo, you can of course compile yourself.

So, consider all that said when you plan to buy a board and download
software for it.

Now I have a beaglebone black on my desk. I haven't found spare time to
test it, but next days I hope to try the debian  for BBB.

Here some references:
http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone+Black
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:Debian_On_BeagleBone_Black

I have no idea about debian repo for arm, I don't know if all packages
that I found in my amd64 repo are present in arm repository.
Or I could be for the Ubuntu way (I dislike a bit, but here the UBUNTU
ARM wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM)

I will report you when I completed some test, if you want.

Cheers!
Ivan