[LAU] qjackctl and the hardware latency setting

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej.blizinski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 14:10:01 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I've come across a problem where the hardware latency numbers entered into
qjackctl setup window don't take effect. I wrote up the details here:

http://quinoa.blizinski.pl/~maciej/latency/calibration-problems.html

The workaround was to start jackd from command line and pass the -I and -O
options that way.

It is possible (but not certain) that the problem was caused by qjackctl. I
wrote a post on the qjackctl forum, but I'm not sure how much attention it
gets.

http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/749

Since my setup is fairly common components: Ubuntu 13.10 with ardour, jackd
and qjackctl installed from packages, it sounds like I shouldn't be the
only person to experience this problem.

Has anyone else come across that?

Maciej