[LAU] Top Posting [Was: Linux compatible keybord controller?]

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jan 2 14:44:10 UTC 2014

  On 2 January 2014 14:07, Q <lists at quirq.net> wrote:
> It seems to me that the only problem is that bottom-posting clashes with how
> people actually write messages in every other sphere of life -- it
> (bottom-posting) is an outdated practice that needs to die and allow mailing
> lists to move with the times.

Bottom posting is not outdated at all, it is merely polite. On a high
volume list top posting wastes the readers time. So instead of one writer
taking a little more time to do things right, a large number of readers
have to spend extra time flipping up and down trying to figgure our what
the writer is saying. If mail clients make proper replying hard or
imposible then they have a bug and should be fixed or not used. I am sure
that if people started looking for another email client for their phone,
google would fix theirs right away so they can continue to trace your
internet tracks....

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net