[LAU] ardour: removing unused audio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 3 08:30:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-03 at 09:14 +0100, Atte wrote:
> How do I tell ardour to throw away all audio that is not "visible" as a
> region in my session?

As for all modern audio software, you likely need _not_ just to move the
beginning and the end of the original source, but to _really_ cut it and
_really_ to make new sources from the original source.

Currently I'm not using Ardour, but it's common that data isn't damaged
by most kinds of editing, what ever software you use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-destructive_editing

In Germany HDDs >= 2 TiB are inexpensive, IMO nowadays there's no need
to care for space on a drive.