[LAU] Focusrite Scarlett 18i8

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jan 8 14:56:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, January 8, 2014 7:41 am,
linux-audio-user-request at lists.linuxaudio.org wrote:
> I'm enquiring about this for a friend who needs an USB card to be
> used with the RPi, with 4 mic inputs. Application is environmental
> noise monitoring AFAIK. All suggestions welcome !

I believe that the Ethernet of the RPi is connected to the processor via
USB, so if this application needs to remotely monitor the RPi status, the
Ethernet traffic might cause problems for the audio interface since they
share a USB connection.  Should be checked thoroughly for multichannel
use, I have heard complaints from people trying to build network connected
music players with only two channel playback.

--
Chris Caudle