[LAU] acoustic alignment

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jan 9 14:46:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, January 10, 2014 12:45 am, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 09:37 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Interesting study here on the action of acoustic alignment of nanofibres
>> in immersed in liquid.
>>
>> http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cplu.201300400/full
>>
>> It seems that classical music really does have the power to affect us
>> physically at the nano level and in realtime.
>>
>> No doubt the researchers preferred to listen to classical music. What
>> results might be seen with some of the other genres.
>
> parallel fifths or unresolved tritones (aka unclassical sounds) will
> probably make the solution explode. so don't play them to your unborn
> baby. (incidentally, this is why bartók is one of the heros of the
> pro-choice movement).

If that was the case then we would all be at risk listening to Q's
compositions ;-)

Hint.  Don't use headphones unless you don't care if your brain literally
turns to into a superconducting relay for an alien quantum communications
network.

> note how i have subtly and elegantly expanded this thread from ignobel
> science to ethics and women's rights. may it prosper and last the whole
> year.
> i wonder what further potential might be unlock'd if somebody actually
> drew a connection to linux audio?

Who knows what potential uses of this new information there is for Linux
Audio Users. Imaging if we had the tools to do something useful with it?
God help us if someone was interesting in discussing the possibilities.

In fact after having a serious discussion someone might be inspired to
invent a new technology based on Linux Audio Software.

Of course it much more fun to discuss top posting for the 100th time.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd