[LAU] Focusrite 2i4

Kees van Veen kees.vanveen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 16:29:54 UTC 2014

> [James Stone]
>> Thanks for testing this.. Quite weird - so you are getting crackles
>> even at 1024x3!!? That sounds really odd and definitely an
>> unacceptable performance. I have definitely not heard anything like
>> this on my device. I wonder if it is some kind of hardware fault. Are
>> you able to test it on a mac or windows comupter?
> No such systems around here, so that's unlikely to happen.  I might be
> able to try it one of these days on different linux USB host hardware,
> we'll see.
Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I experience 'static'
crackles on my Presonus 1818 as well.

Have to try my old laptop still, but on my new one the crackles
sometimes coincide (from watching tail -f) with

     kernel: [12263.813466] usb_submit_urb: -16

in the syslog/kern.log, and an occasional

     kernel: [12261.509328] retire_capture_urb: 2 callbacks suppressed

Do you have that as well ?

I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 / 3.11.0-15-lowlatency.

Thanks,
Kees