[LAU] Recording a band live

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Jan 10 17:55:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014, Howard Buie wrote:

> Hello. I need to record my band live. I think I am willing to get by with 4 simultaneous digital inputs,
> mainly because of cost. More would be great but I'm kind of limited financially. I plan to use Ardour. I
> am considering the Komplete Audio 6, but am unable to tell from the literature if 4 simultaneous line
> level inputs are assignable to 4 individual digital outputs via USB. Does anyone have any experience with
> this particular setup, or can anyone offer any better ideas or opinions? I sure would appreciate it.
> Thanks!
>
> Howard

I've become quite fond of the Zoom H6 I picked up last September.  It's
got stereo mics plus 4 mic/line inputs. It records at 24bit/48khz to SD
card, or via USB. I've successfully used it with the alsa backend to Jack
and Ardour, in both stereo mode (USB 1.1 audio class compliant) or
multitrack (USB 2.0) as well as into Protools on a Mac, but mostly for
live bands, where my focus has to be on FOH sound, I let it run
standalone, and import the .wav files into Ardour later.

I used it for some of the vocal and Djembe overdubs on this project:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/alafrique

--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org