[LAU] Focusrite 2i4

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Mon Jan 13 12:21:58 UTC 2014

[James Stone]
>On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Tim Goetze <tim at quitte.de> wrote:
>> BTW, I tried 3.2.52-rt74 on the same hardware, same crackling in the
>> output.
>
>Just as a matter of interest, does it do this with nothing attached to
>the input?

No, the crackling appears in the output signal only, regardless of
input state.  It gets more pronounced when the output signal is
louder, but even when the output is zero-amplitude silence spurious
clicks of varying loudness appear.

>Also, do you hear the crackles thru headphones when switched over to
>direct (0 latency) monitoring?

No, direct monitoring appears as clean as the digitised input signal.

The 10ms alignment of the clicks makes me suspect a USB-related issue,
but to be quite honest I feel pretty much clueless.

Thanks, Tim