[LAU] Is there a minimum screen resolution for Ardour?

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 12:40:05 UTC 2014

On 15/01/14 21:49, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 01/15/2014 08:54 AM, david wrote:
>> Just wondering. Haven't looked at it for awhile. The Ardour site doesn't
>> say.
>
> There is. http://ardour.org/news/3.5.older.html has a note.
>
> Set the environment variable ARDOUR_LOVES_STUPID_TINY_SCREENS
> and it will start and show various things even on netbook/tablet-sized
> screens with a height<  700px.
>

> OT this morning on #ardour:
>>   5120 x 1440 is a lot of pixels. Just so you're all aware.
>>   With Ardour, I think I could still use one more 2560x1440 monitor.
>>   But this is... approaching adequate.

ardour2 main window is 1250 wide minimum without tweaks, an old ardour3 build is
1280 minimum, again without any tweaks. A small session is usable on a 1280x800
laptop ... specially if you use your window manager and have various windows
laid out on three workspaces with a keyboard shortcuts to switch. But more space
is much better.

Simon