[LAU] Is there a minimum screen resolution for Ardour?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jan 16 07:04:47 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 10:17 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM, david wrote:
>
>>> You can make it work on 1024x600. Would you like to? :)
>>
>> I think I tried it once on 1280x800, and the default main control panel
>> extended off the bottom of the screen. That was a few years ago.
>
> Few years ago = Ardour 2. And it did have a switch to run in a
> netbook-friendly mode. Which you didn't even have to use if you were
> smart enough to disable a few toolbars, drop the secondary clock, and
> use smaller font size.

Yup, would've been Ardour 2.

>> In the meantime, I need to acquire a degree in sound engineering before I
>> can understand Ardour enough to use it.
>
> "I'm an artist, I  speak in hyperbole" (c) ?

No, I've made a couple of stabs at trying to do basic things in Ardour.
If not a degree in sound engineering, it at least assumes you know your
way around a professional multitrack mixer, outboard effects processors,
etc.

>> Even following instructions (I think I found on
>> Ardour's site?) I couldn't apply even a simple effect to the track.
>
> That's too bad.

And has me mystified. Unfortunately, I had to get the processing done,
so went back to Audacity. I know, doesn't help me learn to use Ardour.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community