[LAU] OT: Pierrot Lunaire (was: Re: Exam Cheating investigation)

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sun Jan 19 20:08:26 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-01-19 at 12:17 -0500, Marc Lavallée wrote:
>> I'm 50
>
> and I'm 47. This is the point. When we were young and turned on the
> radio at night they played Arnold Schönberg, Bill Laswell, ..., Vienna
> Art Orchestra. Today they play Lady Gaga and the Black Eyed Peas, this
> crap has nothing in common with music. The kids don't know music,
> because people of your and my age make the play lists for the radio.

Huh?

Maybe they played Schoenberg where you live ... but I never heard of
this kind of stuff until much later in my life when I did some serious
musical studies. Maybe not serious enough ... I think that Schoenberg
and other of that ilk are no better than the rap you mentioned earlier
and are really just examples of folks showing how smart they (thing)
they are.

But, when I was growing up the radio featured the Everly Bros, Beatles, etc.

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca