[LAU] Bitwig at long last...?

raf rmouneyres at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 22:35:54 UTC 2014

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM, R. Mattes wrote:
>
> >> 1. Last time I checked, Novation, M-Audio, Roland etc. had no OSC
> >> keyboards, just regular MIDI ones :)
> >
> > It would at least be a way to overcome the lack of LV2/LADSPA support
>
> Which, as pointed out earlier, isn't necessarily such a big deal.
>
> To clarify the point here: Bitwig has *builtin* effects. Whether you really miss LV2 or LADSPA depends on whether those builtin effects do what you want. For lots of people, they will be adequate.

Yes, as a regular Ableton Live user i have to say that you can do a good job with the internal effects in most cases.

I didn't have the opportunity to try the Bitwig beta, but can't you use multiple outputs to jack and host your LV2 plugins outside Bitwig then send them back to the daw ? And Bitwig would probably compensate for plugin latency.